The Sree Narayana Educational Charitable Trust was registered 1992 at Thrissur by 15 settlers who belonged to Sree Narayana organizations with main objective of starting CBSE school. Thus came being, Gurukulam Public School, the Trust, in July 1992, in a rented building M G Road, Thrissur. as the great oak from a humble seed, Public School too had humble beginning. The School had KG classes with 6 children. In 1993, school was shifted to own building on 30 of land at Poonkunnam KG section and 1st .Read More
Dear parents and teachers,
Gurukulam Public School is entering into the 28th year of functioning.
We wholeheartedly congratulate each and every person associated with us in the process of growth of this school. We would like to highlight the following points for your kind information.
*our school reopens on a date fixed by CBSE. We have already started online classes for class X & XII . By June 1st all classes will start by online till the school reopens.
* There is no hike in the tuition fees from this academic year also.
* School transportation facilities will be provided to students on request on routes identified and approved by us.
* Promoting Malayalam is one of the prime objectives of Gurukulam.
* We have introduced Smart Class room facilities for all students.
* To develop strong teams to represent our school, coaching in athletics and Games are given by our well equipped Physical Education Department.
*Training in Yoga is given to all students by a qualified and experienced Yoga teacher of our faculty.
* For self defense and equipping children to face any adverse situations special coaching is given in Karate.
* To develop social skills, team spirit and healthy competitive spirit, we give special coaching in Music and Dance forms by our Faculty teachers.
* For promoting cultural activities special coaching is given in Drama and Instrumental Music, Guitar & Violin.
*We provide special coaching in Skating, Volley ball, Abacus, Basket Ball, Kabaddi and Chess.
* Our school is the First school in the District, sanctioned with Atal Tinkering Laboratory (ATL Lab) by NIti Ayog , Government of India.
* Talented students can utilize the facilities for skill development, conduct experiments and discover and make anything in their creative mind.
*The Laboratory Block has separate Laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Psychology.
* A medical room for sick children is arranged in the academic block and a staff is assigned to take care till the parents take them home.
* A separate room is arranged for the Counsellor who is a qualified post graduate in Clinical Psychology.
She will take special coaching to students with learning disabilities and any other related problems.
*The School management Committee with eminent educationists is controlling all activities of the School very effectively.
*A separate campus for Pre KG, LKG and UKG classes – Gurukulam Nursery School under the leadership of a well experienced Head Mistress.
* Smart Class room facility to all students
*Classes will start on a date fixed by CBSE due to Corona Pandemic. During the period we are imparting online coaching.
* KG Sports Day, KG Annual Day, KG Graduation day are conducted every year.
* We prepare students for various competitions like District level Kids festival conducted by Sahodaya.
*We conduct study tours to nearby important destinations.
* Yearly Health check up of all students done at reputed Hospitals.
* Classes for parents in parenting conducted by well known persons in Psychology.
* A Dietitian takes classes for parents regarding the diet to be given to children in the beginning of the year.
I will keep in touch with you always.
With warm Greetings
Dr T K Jayaprakash
(Secretary Sree Narayana Educational and Charitable Trust and
Manager, Gurukulam Public School)
It gives me great pleasure, as Principal of GPS, to welcome you to the official School website. This website has been prepared as a valuable source of school news and timely information for parents, students, and visitors. This website has been developed to enable everyone to become familiar with our school, its policies, and other procedures that are basic for the smooth functioning of our school, as well as to provide you with updated school news, schedules and events.
GPS is a wonderful rural school, affiliated to the CBSE, with a strength of approx. 1200 The school caters students from Pre KG to class XII. We are set amidst the Aikunnu hills in Thrissur district and have the luxury of not being confronted with noisy traffic and the daily hustle and bustle of the city.
I am very privileged to be the Principal of GPS. We have amazing students, the best staff, a wonderful community of a future focused Board of Trustees. Our school has a 28 year- long tradition and our staff takes great pride in providing a safe and secure learning environment, while at the same time offering a wide array of exciting and challenging academic programs. I consider myself very fortunate to be a team member of this School. Each day I am amazed by the little things the people of our school community do for one another. It is these daily reminders that make our school unique and special. On behalf of the GPS Board of Trustees, staff and students, I extend a very warm welcome to you and your family as you embark on that very important decision as to where to educate your child.
The first thing I’d like you to know about GPS is that we give our students permission to dream big things. Our mission is to nurture individual potential. We believe in cultivating intelligence and talent, rather than being fixed and finite, intelligence and talent will expand and grow, given the right encouragement. So we aim to keep students’ dreams and aspirations alive. They know we believe in their abilities, that we grow their capacity to learn, and that they’re respected here.
Our commitment at GPS is to provide a safe and intellectually challenging environment that will empower students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers and inspired learners prepared to thrive in the twenty-first century. We draw on the talents and skills of staff, students and parents to provide a host of educational programmes. Wholesome participation is encouraged in the extensive range of extra-curricular activities on offer and care is also taken to ensure the well-being and happiness of each and every student in the school.
Every day I have the privilege of witnessing wonderful children achieve transformation for themselves and emerge more confident and assured of their worth as individuals, helped by the loving and guiding presence of parents, teachers and other members of the school community. Students need both high challenge and high support to grow as learners, and we look forward to helping students maximize their growth at GPS. Please be our partners in this work. Let us know how we can help. We look forward to working with families to accomplish great things for our students
We pride ourselves on the "family feel" of our school and the relationships that are formed between the students, parents and staff. A great way to sum up the feeling of being a part of GURUKULAM is to share with you a statement that was recently made by one of our parents; " GPS has an Old School Charm, where we feel very much at home with the staff……..!"
Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss any aspect of the thriving life of GP School, and for enrollment information.
You are encouraged to regularly check our website and read about our exciting academic and co-curricular activities. We look forward to serving you and your children over the coming years.
The place from where I learned to be a better human being. The school taught me humanity. The divinity of relationships. The teachers taught more than just subjects. Surrounded by the beauty of nature, Gurukulam offers the perfect environment for learning. The school not only concentrates on academics but also ensures that it's students involve in extra curricular activities. I assure you that any person who passes out from this school will be proud of himself and will make others proud too.
Very good school backed by efficient faculties!
Best in academics, moreover its also a place to enjoy your school life here.